The hottest trend in flooring over the last several years is luxury vinyl planks and tile. Again in 2019, luxury vinyl showed the most significant year over year growth of any flooring category. Market growth of luxury vinyl shows no signs of peaking at least through 2026, according to industry experts. The whole class of luxury vinyl plank and luxury vinyl tile is referred to as just LVT in most discussions.
Why does luxury vinyl or LVT continue to grow in popularity with consumers today?
Here are several reasons.
- Appearance: With the incorporation of current digital imaging technology, many luxury vinyl tile products look almost indistinguishable from real tile or wood flooring. With the textured finishes, you can even get the feel of real wood flooring.
- Cost: The attractive price points of the LVT product and lower costs of installation is essential for many consumers today. You can get wood-look flooring at a much lower cost than hardwood or tile. This cost savings makes sense for many of our customers. Martin’s has Luxury Vinyl Planks in stock in our Flooring Outlet as low as $0.99 a square foot.
- Application: LVT can be installed in all areas of the home. Its waterproof qualities make it a great choice in Basements, Kitchens, Bathrooms, and Laundry Rooms. Its beauty makes it a favorite in Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, and Great Rooms too.
- Durability: LVT is such a durable product that it is replacing commercial carpet tile in many high traffic areas like airports, commercial businesses, and retail as well. It stands up to spills and large pets better than hardwood or laminate. LVT also offers superior sound absorption. It feels more solid and quiet underfoot. The warranty levels on the product are some of the longest in the flooring industry.
- Moisture Resistance: LVT has a waterproof core that keeps moisture from wicking up from underneath. The vinyl layer and the center core make it waterproof from the spills above.
- DIY-Friendly: LVT is easy to install, making it a Do It Yourselfer favorite. LVT’s tongue and groove construction make clicking the planks together an easy process, creating a waterproof barrier. A saw is not needed to cut the planks either; planks can easily be cut to size with a utility knife. For customers who would want to install the product themselves, Martins offers installation clinics and has all the tools necessary to do the job like a professional.
To find out more about this unique product, visit our website or any of our three showrooms in Lancaster, Wyomissing, and Fivepointville. Fivepointville also has a Flooring Outlet at the rear of the store. We offer affordable Installation Services for all products, including LVT too. If finding time to visit one of our stores is challenging, we provide a no-obligation Shop at Home Service. One of our Design Consultants will bring samples to your home at a time and on a day that is convenient for you. To schedule your in-home consultation, call 717-445-7799 or click here to get started.